Our differentiated, K-3 Guided Reading program increases student engagement and efficacy and is quickly adaptable to a variety of classroom settings (both in person and online).
All Guided Readers' Books are Professionally Leveled by Fountas & Pinnell and Lexile.com
Need a better way to teach reading? You're not alone.
That’s why we created Guided Readers; to help you quickly implement best practices in guided reading instruction using our professionally leveled texts, standards-based lesson plans and resources, and easy-to-use digital interactive tools -- all designed to help your students fall in love with reading.
Here's why teachers love Guided Readers:
Backed by research and created by a 2nd grade teacher with 23 years in the field, Guided Readers is a structured approach designed for today’s real classrooms.
Our comprehensive program fosters true learning through 15-20 minute small group differentiated, instructional lessons, and empowers teachers with effective, streamlined lesson plans and activities. Plus: students love it!
What's inside your Guided Readers program?
Every effective tool you'll need to take your students from
"learning to read" to "reading to learn."
ONLY Levels A-Q (K-3)
- Instructional tri-folds for teaching specific skills/strategies
- Reading Strategies Instruction Tri-fold
- Sight Word & Vocabulary Instruction Tri-fold
- Making Words Instruction Tri-fold (Make-Its)
- Analogy Charts Instruction Tri-fold (Match-Its)
- Sound Boxes Instruction Tri-fold (Box-Its)
- Sound Sorts Instruction Tri-fold (Sort-Its)
- Strategy Fans for student use and teacher modeling
- Sight Word cards for each lesson
- Books leveled by F &P and Lexile
- Single-sided leveled readers
- Double-sided leveled readers
- Close Reading Passages
- Lesson plans
- Sight Words
- Text-Dependent Questions
- Guided Writing Activity
- Running Record Assessments
- Google Classroom options available
- Workmats for Word Work
- Making Words
- Sound Boxes
- Sound Sorts
- Text-Dependent Questions
- Thinking About, Within, & Beyond the Text
Interactive Digital Reader
- 36 Student Accounts allowed for each license
- Teacher Portal for student logins and data
- Picture Passwords for easy student logins
- Engaging leveled readers with captivating illustrations/photographs
- Students can read the story independently
- Students can listen to the story as the words are highlighted
- Students can record the story aloud and listen back to their reading
- Students can take a comprehension quiz based on the story
- Student quiz grades and oral recordings saved in the Teacher’s Portal
Guided Readers integrates Social Emotional Learning Core Competencies directly into instructional practices.
Do you use Seesaw?
Watch to learn how
Guided Readers can integrate seamlessly with Seesaw!
Real Teachers. Real Results!
Student Data Tracking Software
- track student fluency data benchmarks
- track student reading level benchmarks
- track how many minutes students have read
- track quiz results and percentage of correct and incorrect answers
- track number of books read
- track number of books recorded
- share PDFs of Student Data with admins and parents
Join Guided Readers Today!
It’s time to take your guided reading to the next level.
Get instant access inside your annual membership - starting at just $0.46 per day.
- printable leveled readers
- ONLY Levels A-Q
- lesson plans
- comprehension resources
- word worked resources
- instructional materials
- Google Classroom options
- HUNDREDS of books to choose from
Digital Interactive Reader
(Does not contain ANY printables.)
- digital leveled readers (all levels)
- 36 student accounts permitted for each license purchased
- students listen to the story while words are highlighted
- students record their reading & listen back
- students take comp quiz
- teacher & student PORTAL (Great for centers & 1-1 classrooms)
- HUNDREDS of books to choose from
Please Note: There are NO printables, lesson plans, or resources included in this plan.
Seed Plan + Sprout Plan
Includes everything in
Seed & Sprout Plan
Hundreds of Close Reading Passages
Phonological Awareness Assessment, Sight Word Assessment, Word Knowledge Assessment, and Reading Inventory Assessments
Quickly leverage the Guided Readers program with access to both the digital interactive reader and printable plan!
School District Purchase Orders
Seed Plan + Sprout Plan
The Monthly Subscription to Guided Readers includes:
- access to Seed Plan and Sprout Plan
- access to 20 books/month
- access to 15 passages/month
- 36 student accounts
- credits roll over
- cancel at any time
* Purchase Orders NOT ACCEPTED for the monthly plan.
Guided Readers is a 2020 CODiE Award finalist for the Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8!
Guided Readers has been developed by a veteran classroom teacher with more than 23-years of experience in reading instruction, to provide you with the most effective and rigorous resources to help you teach your students to become fluent, confident readers AND love to read in the process.
Our fiction books are beautifully illustrated by professional illustrators and our nonfiction books are created using the highest-quality and eye-catching photographs you can find!
Not only that, but ALL of our leveled readers are professionally leveled through our partnership with Fountas & Pinnell and Lexile.com
You won’t find any boring theories or ideas that don’t actually work in practice. This program is based on best practices in guided reading instruction and literacy development! Implementing Guided Readers in your classroom will ensure exponential growth in your students’ reading skills (Results will vary).
Guided Readers allows 36 student accounts for each licence that is purchased on an account.
At this time if you need additional student accounts, you will have to purchase an additional license under your profile.
YES! Guided Readers will help you reach your Emerging Readers to your Fluent Readers. Currently, Guided Readers has texts/resources for Guided Reading Levels A – Q.
Levels R-Z will be added to the site over the next few months.
Each and every week, at least 20 new books and corresponding resources will be added to your Library Bookshelf.
Guided Readers is a brand-new membership site that focuses SOLEY on helping teachers instruct their students during guided reading instructional groups. Guided Readers provides printable leveled readers, lesson plans, and resources for teachers to download, print, and be ready to teach their students HOW to read!
If you are a long-term member of Simply Skilled Teaching Members Club (at least two years), you will see many of the books and materials you currently have. However, at least 50 NEW guided reading books will be added to the site every month. We will not be adding these resources to SST Members Club. Additionally, SST Members Club does not have access to our Digital Interactive Reader.
The resources on Guided Readers WILL NOT be accessible in my Teachers Pay Teachers shop.
Teachers have consistently told us that getting a grip on guided reading instruction felt overwhelming and difficult — and Guided Readers is here to give you a framework and a method to the madness that causes so many teachers to feel stressed out and majorly overwhelmed during their reading block. This program gives you the step-by-step system you need to create a rigorous, consistent plan of action to get your students reading with confidence.
YES! Guided Readers is the perfect companion to any curriculum, and will assist you in following state standards with the rigorous, effective and streamlined approach you’ll learn to teaching guided reading.
What you’ll gain access to in Guided Readers is a consistent, streamlined framework for making guided reading work for you, no matter which curriculum or teaching material you’re already using.
CANCELLING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
You have 3 days to peruse the site, print out a few resources, and use the Digital Interactive Reader to see what is offered on Guided Readers. If after 3 days you feel that it is not a good fit for you, you may ask for a refund and cancel your membership. However, if you DOWNLOAD 3 or More resources from the site, you will NOT BE ELIGIBLE for a refund due to the instant and irrevocable access you gain to the materials.
Cancellations are immediate and you will lose all access to all of the resources in Guided Readers.
RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
All memberships will renew automatically unless you go into your account settings and cancel your subscription.
Want to hear the BEST PART? When you join, you are GRANDFATHERED IN to the price you joined at! So, your annual membership fee will never increase even when the price of the membership increases as long as you are a current member!
YES! Absolutely! We would LOVE to have you in our Guided Readers Teaching Community! Please CLICK HERE to request to join!
We have readers available for Levels A-Q currently, as Fountas and Pinnell do not have a Pre-A level.
Please note, we add about 20 - 50 books per month to the Guided Readers site. The library is constantly growing!